What to Do with a Flooded Vehicle in North Corpus Christi, TX
With the light of the upcoming storm, we want to ensure that everyone knows what to do with a flooding vehicle. Do not start your vehicle if it is submerged or if it has been sitting in water for a long time. Saltwater is particularly dangerous for your car. You'll need to drain the following things:
- Transmission fluids
The key is to remove your vehicle as quickly as possible. The longer your car is submerged in something as harmful as salt water, the more severe the damages will be. We're trying to protect your key components, so we want to ensure that they are drained of water as soon as possible.
Follow These Steps When Repairing Water Damage
If you've managed to remove your vehicle from water, do this:
- Do not start your engine.
- Disconnect the vehicle's battery.
- Roll all the windows down.
- Find a high-water mark and assess the damage.
- If the water level is rising, do not start your engine. Either push the vehicle out or get it towed out.
- Check your engine oil by clearing the dipstick. If you find water droplets on the stick, there's water in the engine.
- Change the oil and replace the filter to rid your model of water.
- Check your fuel system and siphon out some gas. Look for water! If you find any, you'll need our service team to flush your fuel system.
- Check your vehicle's air filter.
- Look at all other fluids including your coolant reservoirs, power steering, clutch, and brakes.
- Check all electrical systems. If you find any systems below the water line, you have to replace them.
Schedule service in Corpus Christi, TX after a flood and our Honda team will be happy to assist you!